Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sneak preview - ORIGAMI COUTURE GOWN

We recently did a FABULOUS photo shoot of a brand new COUTURE BRIDAL sample gown that I am absolutely thrilled with! Fresh from my studio workroom, this totally original Culture Shock design will soon be appearing in bridal magazines and on my website, too. We have named it the "Origami" Gown...

My team & I created this pure silk wedding gown with the ancient Japanese art of Origami (paper folding) in mind... we used a metallic silk for the bodice, which we folded, draped and tucked into an asymetrical neckline. The diagonally-shaped waistband actually wraps firmly around the body and ties at one side with twisted silk cording, and little hand-made fans, to visually slim and cinch in the waistline, and there are several deeply folded vertical pleats in the skirt, to add length and height to the bride's figure. The gown has a full train at the back, which can be hooked up for dancing, etc.

The overall effect we were aiming for in this new design is a SCULPTURAL SILHOUETTE with a fuller A-line skirt, so that brides with OR without curves can happily wear this beautifully flattering style with confidence and ease. With a hoop petticoat underneath for hemline fullness, this Couture wedding gown is "traditional"in a way, but with a funky, modern Oriental-inspired twist. AND its actually very comfortable to wear!

The brand new Origami bridal gown sample is now available to try on in my Sydney showroom, and can be ordered & custom-made in any colour and size, with a 4-6 month turnaround. For more info, email me via my website!

cheers, xx Lisa

The photo's here appear with thanks to our WONDERFUL style team -
PHOTOGRAPHER William Siauw from "PiXeL Photographics"

MAKE-UP & HAIR- Danielle Hampton from "Make Up By Danielle"

MODEL - the lovely Tereza

x

1 comment:

KevinMayo said...

I simply wanted to say thanks again. I am not sure what I would have tried without these advice shared by you concerning my situation. It had been a real daunting situation in my circumstances, however , encountering a new skilled fashion you handled the issue forced me to cry for contentment.wholesale womens fashion